With our huge sand beach, there is lots of room for sand castles. We provide a whole container of sand tools! We have seen some pretty amazing creations, but here are some tips and tricks on how to build a great sand castle.
- Build the castle far enough that waves will hit it
- Draw an area where the castle will go
- Dig up a pile of sand within the area
- Get a nice foundation – pour water on the sand to make it hard
- Use Wet Sand – Squeeze a ball of sand in your hand for a few seconds. “If the ball stays together when you roll it around in your palm, it’s perfect sand for a castle,” says Justin Gordon, an award-winning professional sand sculptor in Massachusetts
- Build the castle from the top down
- Use rocks, pinecones and other items to accent