When you rent one of our cottages, you get a Weber Charcoal Grill. We have gotten notes from our customers that a lot of people just use gas grills and they aren’t super familiar with charcoal grills – well here are some differences between the two and also some tips on how to use a charcoal grill.
Gas grills while they might be more convenient and yes, cleaner (no black dust on your hands) they don’t get as hot as charcoal grills can and also charcoal grills can give your meat or whatever you are grilling a flavor – especially if you get wood chips to add into your grill.
How to start charcoal grill:
Items needed: Charcoal, Lighter Fluid, Matches
- Take lid and grate out of grill – do not place on deck – hang off grill
- Open the vents on the bottom of the grill
- Add charcoal in a pyramid shape
- spray lighted fluid on the charcoal – wait 3-5 minutes before lighting so that the fluid can soak in and not burn off immediately
- Light the charcoal with a match – be careful – just drop the match in so you don’t burn yourself
- Let the charcoal burn down for 10-15 minutes – it is ready when it is a white/grey color and there are red hot coals in the center.
- If the coals are piled up, use a tong to evenly spread around grill.
- Replace grate and get to cooking!