When we go on vacation, we do A LOT of prepping to make sure we don’t missing something really fun and unique at our destination. There is nothing worse than coming home from a vacation and seeing on instagram or facebook that you missed an epic adventure spot.
This post is going to focus on a weekly schedule for your visit to the Wisconsin Northwoods. We wrote it as if you are staying at our Resort in Eagle River Wisconsin. This will give you an idea of things to do in Eagle River Wisconsin.
We wanted to give you a weekly plan – which can be adjusted for weather. This is a lot of the must dos according to us – we know that not everyone is into the same things that we are. If you have specific interests that weren’t met by this post, feel free to message us – we will be happy to offer suggestions based on your interests. If you have anything to add, feel free to leave a note in the comments!
Saturday: 3 PM Check in at the resort – Unpack & visit the local grocery store to stock up on supplies for the week Relax by the beach | Watch the Sunset | Have a campfire
- Take a Pirate Ship Ride at Pirates Hideaway
- The ride lasts about 1 hour and 45 minutes | Then plan on staying to enjoy the tiki bar for a bit | We suggest scheduling this ride as soon as you book your Eagle River vacation, they book up quickly – we also suggest making the reservation for the beginning of the week in case weather cancels your original reservation
- They offer morning, afternoon, and sunset cruises
- Patio Dance Party at Lake Forest – usually from 3 PM – 7 PM
- Visit the St. Germain Flea Market – be sure to get there early
- Have Pancakes at Wolf Pack Café – prepare to wait
- Stop in Elmer’s Fun Park for some go-karting, mini golf or horseback riding
- Use the reminder of the day sunbathing at the resort and enjoying the resort amenities – kayaks, paddle boats, etc.
- Rent a Pontoon Boat from us at the Last Resort
- Half Day (8 am – 1 pm or 1 pm – 6 pm)
- Full day (8 am – 6 pm)
- Visit the sand bar on Catfish lake, visit the restaurants and bars on the chain of lakes
- Take a Scenic Air Tour
- We suggest an early morning flight – that is when the air is the smoothest so you will have a nice flight. Great narrated tour and you can get an Eagle’s eye view
- Shop Downtown
- After your flight, visit downtown Eagle River for some shopping and souvenirs, visit Blend for some delicious coffee and delightful healthy lunch options
- Twisted History Tour
- This is a 60-minute walking tour of Downtown Eagle River – where you hear about the early days and some of the more scandalous stories of Eagle River’s past – tours begin usually at 7:30 PM
- Head to Upper Michigan for hiking
- Bond Falls
- Agate Falls
- O Kun de Kun Falls
- Stop at the Trout Farm in Watersmeet for some family fun
- Pre-order Pizzas from TJ Grizzles in Land o Lakes
- Rent tubes with Hawks Nest or Wildwood Outfitters and tube down the Wisconsin River
- Test your skills with a visit to Eagle Falls Mini Golf and Laser Tag, Northwoods Escape Room or Kickin Axe Up North (axe throwing)
- Enjoy Northwoods Fish Fry – our favorites include Nutty Squirrel, Eagle Waters, Honey Bear
Then it’s time to pack up and head back home after an action packed week visiting the Wisconsin Northwoods.