We have been receiving inquiries about what we are doing for the Summer and COVID-19. We understand your hesitation to travel during this crazy time. The health and safety of your family is always our main priority. But after being cooped up for so long, everyone deserves a trip to the Northwoods to unwind and be in the great Outdoors. There is no better place for social distancing.
We will be open for the summer. We and many other businesses in the Northwoods depend on visitors every summer to keep our doors open.
For 38 years, we have prided ourselves on the cleanliness of our cottages and grounds. We will continue to clean the cottages as we always have. All the bedding is washed in hot water and bleach between each changeover. We sanitize all countertops, dishes, silverware, refrigerator door handles, tv remotes, kitchen table, and all surfaces. We will also use disinfectant spray to spray all knobs on cabinets and doors. Our bathrooms are always cleaned with bleach including the floors which are hand washed. Common use items like kayak paddles, life jackets, etc will be sanitized between each use.
SOCIAL DISTANCING AT THE RESORT
The resort is situated on 4 acres of land. Each cottage is separated by at least 20 feet and each family has their own private space. The beach area is quite large and is wide open with many areas to take our lounge chairs to bathe in the sun in your own private space. We have 3 large docks and 2 smaller docks where family groups can fish. The beach and swim area are wide, so that groups can play and still be separated.
You NEVER even have to leave the resort if you don’t want to – there is plenty to do right on property. We have high speed wireless internet available all over the property so if you need to continue working from home – no worries there. We also have plenty of amenities and things to do here.
We ask that our guests please respect the feelings and space of other guests. Please always maintain the 6 feet of distance between yourself and others.
TIPS PRIOR TO ARRIVAL
- In order to lessen the stress on our grocery stores up north, please consider filling a cooler with the essentials and bring dry and canned goods up for your vacation. Meal Planning is key to help with grocery prep!
- Consider bringing masks to wear at the stores to lessen the chance of spread of COVID-19
- Pick N Save offers grocery pick up – you can place orders online and pick it up on a schedule. Plan on placing your order a few days prior to arrival as Pick N Save is likely to get more orders as the summer months come.
SOCIAL DISTANCING ACTIVITIES
The Wisconsin Northwoods are the perfect place to escape to during this time. Wide open spaces, fresh air, and more than enough room to social distance. Here are some options of activities to do that promote social distancing:
- Franklin/Butternut Nature Trail in the Nicolet
- Bond Falls in Upper Michigan
- O Kun de Kun Falls in Upper Michigan
- Agate Falls in Upper Michigan
- Star Lake Trail in Star Lake, WI
- Eagle River Twisted History Tours
- Visiting Porcupine Mountains in Upper Michigan
- Boat Rides
- We offer onsite pontoon rentals and motor rentals for our 14’ aluminum boats
- Kayaking, Canoeing, Paddle boating, Paddle boarding
- Watersports – tubing, wakeboarding, waterskiing
- Tubing down the Wisconsin River
- Renting ATVs and traveling the many trails
- Bike Riding
- Swimming and Sunbathing
Our current refund policy is if you cancel 60 days prior to arrival, then you receive a refund of your deposit minus an $100 cancellation fee. If you cancel within 60 days of arrival, then there is no refund unless we re-rent the cottage. If we re-rent the cottage, then you will receive a refund minus the $100 cancellation fee.
At this time, we are not changing our cancellation policy as we have had many inquiries that we have turned down as the cottages are full with prior reservations.
This pandemic is an unprecedented situation for all of us. We are trying to be as fair as possible while trying to keep our small family business afloat.
If the government bans travel or forces us to be closed, then we will issue full refunds. We would ask that you would please consider rolling your deposit into a stay for next summer 2021. Keeping your deposit with us is a way to support and save a small business during this time.